living and learning together

Another excellent Edublogs.org weblog

living and learning together

staying in and seeing more of the world.

March 18, 2010 · 1 Comment · Uncategorized

pleasure and paris

pleasure and paris

first of all an apology that I have not posted for 2 weeks. Life at the salon has been very busy maing the tea and coffee!!
my post this week was something i discovered by looking at one of my must view sites. www.ilearntechnology.com host by kelly Tenkley. ( she is amazing in the resouces she searches for, and shares with others ).

The site I would particularly like to mention is googles virual tours. This is your chance or perhaps your kids chance to visit some amzing places around the world. My favourite has to be Paris, a city where I  have spent some romatic moments with my wife, but a city i love for atmosphere , ease of movement, fantastic resturants, and loads of sites to see. check it out for yourself.

http://www.google.co.uk/help/maps/streetview/gallery/#landmarks&eiffel-tower

Kelly has also introduced me to the idea of taking the kids on a virtual educational visit, to another country complete with airports, planes, and pilots, passports and even the kids bringing their own suit cases. all you need is a little imagination.

Next term we are delivering a crime and punishment day and with this site in mind I plan to send the kids around london searching for  the criminals and the gettaway car, whilst finding clues on the way.The idea is at present in its infancy but with time and effort i hope to produce a stimulating activity.

Google streetmaps have finally reached Ithlingborough so watch out kelly you could take your kids on the virtual tour to mid northants to discover the highlights we have to offer.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4DKUK_en-GBGB238GB238&q=st%20peter’s%20church%20irthlingborough&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

irthlingboroughs church

irthlingboroughs church

One Comment

• ktenkely

What a perfect title, Staying in and seeing more of the world…it sounds like the beginning of a great book! I look forward to seeing your adaptation with the crime and punishment day, what a fun way to learn!